If you console gamers were feeling a little left out for the season, Mojang has your back. Minecraft 1.10 has rolled out for consoles with many of the same features that Windows 10 and Pocket Edition got just a few days ago, including the holiday cheer.
According to the release post, Mojang has completely revamped The End where once it was a barren battlefield of floating islands. Now it is filled with the End Cities, End Ships, and obviously the coveted Elytra glider.
Other features include:
- New mobs: Shulker, Stray Skeleton, Husk Zombie, Skeleton Trap Horses
- New Blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block,
- Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab
- New Items: Chorus Fruit, Chorus Fruit, Dragons’s Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Popped Chorus Fruit, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow; Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak boats
- New Status Effects: Levitation, Luck
- The End: significant changes to The End dimension – End Cities, End Ship
- Crafting: UI updated to allow crafting fireworks, similarly to how Banners are crafted
- Brewing: changed to include a slot for Blaze Powder
- Tutorial: new Tutorial world, including tutorials for Banners and Elytra
Furthermore, the Fallout Mash-Up Pack announced last week is finally here for $5.99 with skins, textures, and a new world to explore based on the fan favorite Bethesda series. It’s quite the contrast against the Merry Bundle that packs together the Festive Mash-Up Pack, Festive Skin Pack, and the Festive Battle map for $6.99. Or you can purchase them separately via the in-game store.
This is all available as of today across all Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita console editions. Have fun unwrapping!