The End is nigh for Minecraft Pocket Edition and Windows 10 players. The Beta tags are finally off and adventurers are ready to explore End Cities, tackle the famed Ender Dragon, and find all the End loot.
Today's release for Minecraft has been building up for quite some time after the Ender 1.0 Update was announced last month. The release brings PE and Windows 10 versions of the sandbox Mojang title to nearly complete feature parity with its Java release for Windows.
Of course, it doesn't' just stop at The End. Here's the rest of the content added into Minecraft 1.0 for PE and Windows 10:
- The End, End cities, End ships, Ender dragon & all the other End goodies
- Ender Pearls
- Eye of Ender
- Ender Chest
- Dragon head
- Shulkers & shulker shells
- Chorus fruit and popped chorus fruit
- End stone & End stone brick
- End poem
- Purpur block, purpur pillar, purpur slab & purpur stairs
- End Rod
- Dragon Egg
- Exit Portal & End Gateway
- Ender charge
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Dragon's breath
- Ender crystals
- 256 world height!
- World seed library
- Igloos & polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented and have a chance of spawning in newly generated chunks
- Support for world templates
Of course, the team over at Mojang are feeling festive about this major gift to players that they've even added in a new Festive Mash-Up pack for $3.99 USD. It has 21 jolly skins, a texture pack for most blocks, and a festive world reflecting the holiday season.
That's right, now you can slay Ender dragons in a Santa Claus outfit. What better way to get into the holiday spirit? The Festive Mash-Up Pack can be bought via the in-game store while the 1.0 update will roll out for free automatically across all devices today.