Changelogs for yesterday’s Surface Pro 4 and Surface Studio firmware updates are now available
Just yesterday, Microsoft dropped a new firmware update for both the Surface Studio and the Surface Pro 4. At the time, there was no changelog for this update, but today the changelogs have finally emerged from the folks at Microsoft. As always, we have included the details for you in this one post, so please give a look at the changes below.
NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M <applicable to i7 platform devices>
- Reduces time to wake from sleep and improves compatibility with the latest games.
NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M <applicable to i5 platform devices>
- 126.96.36.19920 – Reduces time to wake from sleep and improves compatibility with the latest games.
Microsoft Firmware/ Surface UEFI 117.1394.768.0
- 117.1394.768.0 Improves time to wake up from sleep and speech recognition accuracy.
Intel(R) Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED
- 188.8.131.528 -Improves reliability of Skype call audio and notification alerts.
Intel(R) Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller
- 184.108.40.2068 – Improves reliability of Skype call audio and notification alerts.
Intel(R) Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) l219-LM
- Improves Ethernet connection stability.
Microsoft – Firmware – 2.0.302.0/ Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update
- 2.0.302.0 improves keyboard stability.
Intel Corporation – HIDClass – 220.127.116.11/ Intel Precise Touch Device
- 18.104.22.168 disables touch when cover is closed.
Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration Service Device
- 22.214.171.124 improves battery life during sleep.
Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration
- 126.96.36.199 improves battery life during sleep
Microsoft driver update for Surface Storage Firmware Update
- 1.1.617.0 improves storage performance
Microsoft Driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware
- 103.1414.256.0 adds support for an upcoming product release.
Microsoft – System/ Surface System Aggregator – 103.1413.258.0
- 103.1413.258.0 adds support for an upcoming product release.
Microsoft – Firmware -106.1414.768.0/ Surface UEFI
- 106.1414.768.0 improves system stability.
Have you installed these firmware updates yet? If you have, did you notice any performance changes on your Surface device? As always, please do let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below! And, be sure to follow us on Twitter @OnMSFT, to ensure you never miss a single second of the Surface news and information!Further reading: Changelog, Microsoft, Surface, Surface Pro 4, Surface Studio