Here are the known issues in Windows 10 Preview Build 14316
Gabe Aul and team released a huge preview build to Insiders today with build 14316. A lot of the new features announced at Build last week are now available to Insiders with this latest fast ring build. But despite having a ton of new features and some good fixes, there are still a few known issues.
Here are the known issues with Windows 10 Preview Build 14316 for PCs:
- The Visual Studio emulator for Windows 10 Mobile and Hololens will fail with “An authentication error has occurred. The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted”. If you are a developer and require the emulator for building apps, we suggesting moving to the Slow ring and skipping this build until we can fix this issue.
- We continue to investigate issues with Narrator and other screen reader apps that make them unable to read selected text in the Feedback Hub, Cortana, and other apps.
- In Microsoft Edge, some large downloads may appear to get stuck at 99% completion. You can work around this issue by renaming the file in your downloads after closing Microsoft Edge. This workaround skips security checks on the file, so it should be used only with files from a trusted source.
- In some cases, attempting to turn on Developer Mode on may crash the Settings app. If this happens, the workaround is to use these steps here to enable Developer Mode.
- Some apps notifications may only show the icon – however the full text of the notification will be visible within Action Center.
That’s all that is listed in today’s announcement of known issues with Build 14316. If you find any other issues with the Build let us know in the comment sections below and don’t forget to let Gabe and his team know in the Feedback Hub.Further reading: build 14316, Gabe Aul, Microsoft, Redstone, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Insider