Known issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14271
Microsoft launched Windows 10 Insider Preview 14271 this morning, in spite of all of the activity around MWC in Barcelona, Spain. This build provides a number of fixes, but as usual introduces some new things that will need fixing the next time around.
Here’s a list of the known issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14271:
– We are tracking an issue reported by Insiders where some PCs will freeze or bluescreen when resuming from hibernation. Disabling hibernation is a workaround in some cases until this is fixed.
– If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. We are partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds.
– While this issue is present, we recommend using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.
– Turning on the “always show all icons in the notification area” setting disrupts the layout of the notification area (“systray”).
– When browsing in Microsoft Edge, charts displayed using D3.js library will not display correctly – e.g. render as black, positioned incorrectly. Known affected sites are Cortana, Bing.com, and PowerBI.com.
Keep those issues in mind before you upgrade, but if you’re comfortable with some potential unpleasantness, than go ahead and hit that update button. Let us know in the comments if you come across anything new.Further reading: build 14271, Microsoft, Redstone, Windows 10 Insider, Windows 10 Mobile