We’re on round two of Windows 10 Insider preview builds. Earlier today, Windows 10 Mobile Insiders received build 10581. The new mobile build brought some changes to battery management, voice activated Cortana for a handful of devices and did away with the dreaded upgrade bug affecting most mobile Insiders.
The Windows team is now releasing its second update of the day with Windows 10 Insider builder 10576. According to the Windows team, these are improvements they have been working on with this latest build:
- Media Casting in Microsoft Edge: You can now use Microsoft Edge to cast video, picture, and audio content from your browser to any Miracast and DLNA enabled device on your network.
We’ve got a few scenarios for you to try out:
- Cast a video from YouTube: Go to YouTube.com in Microsoft Edge. Click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.
- Cast a Facebook photo album: Login to Facebook in Microsoft Edge and click on the first photo in one of your photo albums to cast. Click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to. Navigate through your photo album by clicking on the forward and backward buttons.
- Cast your music from Pandora: Login to Pandora in Microsoft Edge to get to your music and click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.
- Ask Cortana inside PDFs in Microsoft Edge: You can now highlight text while reading a PDF in Microsoft Edge and right-click to “Ask Cortana” to find additional information.
- Updated Xbox beta app for Windows 10: The Xbox beta app for Windows 10 was updated last Friday which includes the ability to easily find and add Facebook friends who are also on Xbox Live to play, chat, and share clips – a top requested feature. In addition to that new feature, voiceover recording functionality has been added to Game DVR, and the Store in the Xbox beta app will allow you to search for and purchase Xbox One games – including Games with Gold and Deals with Gold promotions, and Xbox One 25-digit codes will be redeemable within the app. For more information on this update – check out this post on Xbox Wire.
There may very well be some other additions not highlighted by the Windows team, and we’ll be updating more as we go through today’s build. Keep it here for How-to’s, walk-throughs, and bug lists as we get more hands-on time with build 10576.
Happy downloading, Insiders!