We’re just a few days away from the release of the Windows 10 Creators Update, but Microsoft has officially started the journey to Redstone 3 today with the release of latest build from the development branch. That’s right, Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring can now download the Windows 10 preview build 16170, which brings no new features but some behind the scenes improvements.
Head of the Windows Insider Program Dona Sarkar explained that the team is currently busy making some refinements to OneCore, and warned that Windows Insiders should expect “more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful to live with.” This new build still brings some various fixes and improvements for Miracast, Night Light and high-DPI settings, and you can find the full list below:
- We fixed the issue causing your PC to fail to install new builds on reboot with the error 8024a112.
- We have updated the share icon in File Explorer (in the Share tab) to match our new share iconography.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana Reminders was displayed as a possible share target when Cortana wasn’t enabled.
- We fixed an issue where Miracast sessions would disconnect a minute or so after the Connect UI was closed if the connection was a first time pairing.
- We fixed a high-DPI issue when “System (Enhanced)” scaling is enabled so as to now correctly display certain applications that use display graphics accelerated contents.
- Turning the night light schedule off in Settings now turns night light off immediately.
As usual, you can download this latest build by checking Windows Update in the Settings app. Before you proceed, please check the known issues, too!Further reading: build 16170, Microsoft, Redstone 3, Windows 10, Windows Insider