Microsoft released the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build this morning for both PCs and mobile, marking the first update for PCs in a couple of weeks but the third update for mobile. Build 14328 brings a number of new features and improvements to PCs (being the same for mobile as build 14327), including some of those highlighted at Build 2016, and the usual list of fixes and known issues.
- We fixed the issue causing the Visual Studio emulator for Windows 10 Mobile and Hololens to fail with “An authentication error has occurred. The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted”. Developers should be able to use the emulator on this build.
- We fixed the issue causing the Xbox One Controller to lag and become hard to use when connected to your PC.
- We fixed an issue where the two factor authentication dialog wasn’t formatted correctly after an error is received.
- When you open a second app in tablet mode, it will appear side-by-side with the first app (split-screen). When you close one of these apps, it should become full screen.
- We fixed an issue where default column widths for Task Manager were too narrow on high DPI devices.
- We fixed an issue where restarting your PC might become stuck on “Restarting…” screen rather than prompting “Are you sure you want to Restart?” when unsaved work is present.
- We’ve updated the Shutdown Windows dialog to use a modern icon.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t see the Chinese Input Method Editor candidate list while in full screen mode for games, as well as resolved an issue where using it in the Settings search box would cause Settings to crash
- We fixed an issue that might result in a notification that cannot be dismissed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in overlapped icons and clipped text in File Explorer when display is using a very large font size.
- We fixed an issue causing Quicken to not launch. However, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Quicken to get out of a bad state.
Go hit that update on your Windows 10 PC or smartphone, and get updated. Let us know in the comments if you find any other fixes.Further reading: build 14328, Microsoft, Redstone, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Insider