Here are the known issues in Windows 10 Insider builds 15047 and 15048
Today, Dona hit the big red button to release both Windows 10 Insider builds 15047 for mobile and the build 15048 for PC into the Fast Ring. As we get close tot the inevitable release of the Creators Update this spring, it seems Microsoft is keen to spread some spit and polish on their latest builds. Still, no release is perfect so here are the known issues.
Build 15048 for PC
- If you did the workaround to fix the corrupted registry key to get Build 15042, please DO this to re-enabled IPv6.
- Some PCs will fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build. See this forum post for details.
- If you have Symantec/Norton anti-virus software installed on your PC, you may get an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download this build. See this forum post for details.
- If you have additional language packs installed, this build will fail to download and install. You can follow the steps in this forum post to get unblocked.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- Sometimes launching F12 will launch the F12 window behind the active Microsoft Edge window.
- Insiders with multiple monitors may encounter an issue where one of the monitors stops rendering (with the exception of the mouse). While rebooting will fix it, you can also resolve the issue via Settings > System > Display under the Multiple displays section, set it to only use the monitor that’s functional, then set it back to “Extend these displays” and the issue should be resolved.
Build 15047 for Mobile
- Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.
Have you encountered any issues that Microsoft isn’t aware of? Let us know what you think about the latest builds in the comments below or tweet us @OnMSFT.Further reading: build 15047, build 15048, Creators Update, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows Insider