Here’s everything that’s improved and fixed in Windows 10 Insider build 15048 for PC
Microsoft is rolling out today the Windows 10 Insider build 15048 to PC users on the Fast Ring, and this latest preview build brings several fixes and improvements but no new features. The most important highlights are a fix for a bug that prevented users from typing into search boxes in certain UWP apps, and PC gamers will also happy to learn that some popular games will no longer minimize to the taskbar when launched.
You can read the full list of other changes and improvements below:
- We fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name. A lot of you sent us screenshots of this in the Feedback Hub and we were able to debug the issue quickly. Thank you!.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue where some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
- We fixed an issue where copy and pasting URLs to and from the Microsoft Edge address bar with spaces wouldn’t convert spaces into %20.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly failing to show its autofill buttons on recent builds.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in unexpected characters sometimes being pasted when pasting into certain websites using Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where using the mouse wheel to scrolling in Microsoft Edge might not work if the window was made smaller or moved to a different monitor.
- We adjusted Microsoft Edge’s “Find on page” logic so that now as you go through the results the webpage should scroll so the found text is more central on the page.
- We fixed an issue for those flighting recent builds on laptops, changing brightness would stop working after the first time the laptop lid had been closed and reopened when the “Lid Close Action” power policy was set to “Do nothing”.
- We fixed an issue that could result in not being able to type into search boxes in certain UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in clicked Cortana search results not opening when typing using the MS Pinyin IME.
- We fixed an issue where cross device notifications from a particular phone might unexpectedly appear in two separate groups in the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue resulting in emails from Outlook 2016 not opening in the foreground after tapping on the corresponding notification.
If you haven’t done it yet, you can download this latest preview build by checking Windows Update in the Settings app. As usual, we invite you to read our other build posts to learn more about known issues.Further reading: build 15048, Windows 10, Windows Insider