Gears of War 4 to get 4K Xbox One X update this month
The Xbox One video game, Gears of War 4 will be getting its much-anticipated 4K update this month. This update will add 4K and HDR elements to the game that will be access when played on Microsoft’s new Xbox One X console, due out in November.
In addition to the Xbox One X preparation, this month will also see special in-game events celebrating Halloween and Gears of War 4’s first birthday. There will also be two new maps added to the title as well. Here’s the event schedule for October and November. You can read the full notes here:
- Gears of War 4’s First Birthday!: Can you believe Gears of War 4 has almost been out for a whole year? We’ll be celebrating with Double XP, a limited time Golden Gear character to collect, the return of the fan-favorite Golden Gun event and a whole bunch more. Stay tuned for info next week!
- Final Map Drop: As we prepare for the Xbox One X Enhancements coming this November (more on that in a second), the release of the October Map Drop will coincide with our Xbox One X Ready Update in late October. As always, there will be two maps and a Developer Playlist preview period for Season Pass holders complete with Double XP and 20% Credits.
- Halloween: Pumpkin Heads and Phantom Dodgeball will return in our Halloween extravaganza – and maybe a few extra surprises too.
- 11 Years of Gears of War: You know us. We always go big on the anniversary of the game that started it all – Gears of War 1. Our event this year will be a cavalcade of awesome content, weekly Special Events, more Weapon Skins to earn and a few more surprises. We can’t wait to share more.
- Xbox One X Enhanced: If you’re picking up an Xbox One X on launch day (which you really should), you’ll be able to experience Gears of War 4 enhanced for your sweet new console day and date on November 7th. Prepare for the full 4K experience including HDR and a bunch of new tech features that make the game more immersive – and stunning – than it’s ever been. Head here for a rundown of our Xbox One X features, and stay tuned for more news on our Xbox One X update throughout October.
- Thanksgibbing: It’s baaaaack! While we had to miss out last year due to the close proximity to launch, Thanksgibbing returns this year with a brand new take on the Cluckshot with an appropriately themed special event.
Further support is also planned throughout 2018 with new Xbox Achievements promised and the second season of the Gears of War esports tournament. Are you excited for all of these updates and events in Gears of War 4? Let us know which item has you pumped in the comments below.