Friend multiplayer finally comes to Gwent on Xbox One
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game updated today on the Xbox One and has added numerous new cards, a variety of fixes and changes, and the long-awaited Friends multiplayer mode which will finally allow players to play in matches against their Xbox Live Friends instead of complete strangers.
This update also made a rather big change which has now made gold cards attackable. Previously the gold Gwent cards were indestructible. Here’s the release notes for the fixes and changes. You can view the full detailed release notes here.
- Player cards now highlighted in blue and opponent cards in red in Mulligan/card selection screens.
- Ambush, Doomed, Regressing and Stubborn tags moved to card descriptions.
- General tag overhaul – card tags have been reworked.
- Units with Resilience now have their Boosted Power reset when carried over to next round.
- Cards triggering upon Reveal now only trigger when Revealed by the owner.
- All Trio abilities removed from the game.
- Removed Leader tokens from Leader card preview.
- Numerous balance and ability changes and improvements
- Fixed issue whereby multiple consecutive Mulligans would cause an unresponsive state.
- Fixed issue whereby opponent’s mulligan pop-up would remain on screen.
- Fixed issue whereby “Mill spare cards” option would display 0 cards to mill, though there were still spare cards remaining.
- Ranking points should now always refresh properly.
- Fixed issue causing Out of Sync errors.
- Possible fix for issue causing game to be stuck after Round 2 ends in a tie.
- Fixed issue whereby improper values would be displayed for Unit Power.
- Fixed issue whereby Weather effects would not display on the Board.
- Fixed issue whereby cards would overlap after being moved between rows.
- Experience points and rewards should now be displayed properly after matches.
- Levels should now be displayed properly after matches.
- Numerous tooltip fixes and changes, including those to indicate new interactions with Gold cards.
- Fixed issue causing freezes after the end of a match.
- Fixed issue whereby Skellige back of card graphic was missing in Deck Builder.
- Fixed issue whereby some users weren’t able to join the season on X1.
- Fixed issue whereby cards would appear with ##_NAME instead of normal names.
In addition to these changes, the first Gwent Xbox One downloadable content (DLC) has been released in the store called the Starter Pack. This pack contains one legendary card, 10 card kegs, and 400 meteorite powder.
Gwent: The Witch Card Game is free to play and is technically still in Game Preview (open beta). Once it moves out of preview it will also launch on Windows 10 as part of the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative.
Do you like these changes to Gwent? Let us know in the comments below.Further reading: Microsoft, Video Games, Xbox, Xbox One