Microsoft has updated its app, 3D Builder, that is used to create, view and print 3D objects. The app is a pre-installed app on Windows 10.
With the latest update, the app now supports Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox One, as well as adding in some bug fixes and improvements. Here is the changelog as listed on the Windows Store:
This is our first release on Xbox and Mobile! We also added new emboss fonts, painting, measuring, and bug fixes.
For those who haven't used 3D Builder before, here is the feature list:
- 3D Builder provides everything you need to make any 3D content printable.
- Open 3MF, STL, OBJ, PLY, and WRL (VRML) files.
- Clean up models by smoothing and simplifying.
- Automatically repair models so you can print them.
- Use the 3D Scan app to scan yourself in full color.
- Take pictures with your webcam and make them 3D, or use BMP, JPG, PNG, and TGA files.
- Emboss any model with text or images.
- Drag-and-drop to build with simple shapes.
- Merge, intersect, or subtract objects from each other, or slice them into pieces.
- Add a base to uneven objects.
- Print directly to supported 3D printers using multiple materials or order your model through our preferred online printing service: i.materialise.com.
- Supported 3D printers: http://microsoft.com/3d and online 3D printing service i.materialise.com
- Print images of your 3D objects on paper.
- Save as 3MF, STL, PLY, or OBJ files.
Give it a try on mobile and Xbox One, let us know what you think in the comments below!