Once again, we have a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build rolling out to Insiders on the Fast Ring. Redstone 2 Build 14905 should be showing up as an available update soon on your Windows 10 Insider PC, and of course there are a few known issues that you should keep in mind before you hit that update button.
- Support for kernel debugging over 1394 has been removed, but will be available in an upcoming kit release. A work-around will be posted to the Debugging Tools for Windows Blog shortly.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader crashes when you try to launch it.
- Cortana’s text to speech capabilities is not working in this build. For example, Cortana won’t be able to read text messages out loud for you, tell jokes, sing, or give verbal prompts.
- When clicking on the power button on the Start menu, it closes the Start menu without opening the flyout with restart/shutdown options appearing. As a workaround – you can right-click on the Start button (or WIN + X) and choose to shutdown via this menu instead.
- Apps such as Yahoo Mail, Trivia Crack, Google and the Skype Translator Preview app will crash in this build due to a compatibility issue from a recent platform change.
- The Settings app may crash on certain editions of Windows 10 when navigating to different settings pages due to a missing .dll file. We are working on getting this fixed soon.
We wouldn't blame you for holding off on this build, given those issues, but if you're brave enough to push on through regardless we salute you. Let us know in the comments if these known issues are enough to keep you on the previous build.