While the Star Wars Battlefront II video game has officially received its final content update, which has inspired a very popular online petition for paid DLC, a minor update is rolling out for the title today that aims to fix a variety of issues discovered by players and the devs.
While there are numerous balancing changes, mostly to Darth Vader and Kylo Ren, the main thrust of this update is the adjustments being made to the new milestones which were added with the previous update.
These milestones required 5,000 kills with specific characters to unlock special skins for Luke, Leia, and Maul but since this requirement was unachievable for the average player it’s been adjusted to allow players to perform 5,000 kills with any Dark Side heroes to get Maul’s skin and 5,000 kills with any Light Side hero to unlock Luke and Leia’s New Hope looks.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Balanced the Milestone requirements for Darth Maul’s Old Master appearance, Luke Skywalker’s Farmboy appearance and Leia Organa’s Princess appearance. The Milestones now require players to defeat 5,000 enemies as any Dark side or Light side hero.
- Made improvements to prevent the issue of players matchmaking into one-team lobbies.
- Various stability fixes related to the gameplay of Imperial Rocket Trooper and First Order Flametrooper.
- Balancing pass on Darth Vader
- Reduced Darth Vader’s Lightsaber Throw damage from 150 to 130
- Reduced the values of the Intensified Lightsaber Throw Star Card to 15-20-25-30
- Enemies who are affected by Darth Vader’s Choke will only take half damage from Lightsaber Throw.
- Lowered base damage of Kylo Ren’s Frenzy ability from 125 to 115.
- The appearances of AI-controlled Clone Troopers on the Republic Attack Cruiser on Instant Action and Co-Op – Missions are now set to Phase 2.
- Fixed an issue with the AI’s behavior regarding Command Post E on Death Star 2, on Instant Action and Supremacy.
- Fixed an issue where the “Fight As One” milestone would not track progress when playing in Co-Op Missions.
- Fixed an issue where certain unlockable items were still indicated to be unlocked through Events only.
- Fixed an issue with the DL-18, where the Improved Cooling mod wouldn’t increase how many shots the weapon could fire before overheating.
- Fixed an issue with the descriptions of the Republic Attack Cruiser and the Separatist Dreadnought on the Frontend menu of Instant Action Missions.
- Resolved an issue where wrong announcers could be heard when transitioning between round phases of any game mode, while using certain Heroes.
- Fixed an issue where the Name Tags UI option in the Main Menu would overlap with the Kill Message when set to Default.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective opacity sliders in the UI options will now include the progress bar, squad order, no. of contesters and text labels.
- The visual for the PC Chat prompt has now been removed from the UI options on consoles.
While the main content updates have ceased for Star Wars Battlefront II on Xbox One and other platforms, the game contains such a large amount of content and continuing in-game events that it still honestly has the potential to keep gamers engaged for a fair while. There’s also a growing number of merchandise based on the game hitting store shelves such as the recently announced Hooded Yoda Funko Pop.
Having said that, if you’d like to see more content come to Star Wars Battlefront II, make sure to sign the petition which is now well over 75,000 signatures.