Another day, another Insider build. Just minutes after teasing it on Twitter, the Insider team has released build 16291 to the Windows Insider fast ring, giving us some general tweaks and fixes - as well as one small feature. The build comes as part of a series of small builds that have been rapidly releasing leading up to the full launch of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and its size reflects that. No mobile build is launching with 16291, however.
— Dona Sarkar @ #MSIgnite (@donasarkar) September 19, 2017
Here's the changelog, as seen in Microsoft's announcement post.
What’s new in Build 16291:
Resume from phones to PC with Cortana: Cortana users can now resume articles, news from their iPhones and Android phones to PC from within the Cortana app. This exciting feature comes in addition to the existing features where users can sync reminders, notifications and SMS across their devices and stay connected on the go!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC:
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
The build should be available right now for those who are a member of the Fast Ring. As always, you should send over any feedback or bug reports through the Feedback app, so that Microsoft can get to work refining things before another build is released.