Beta testers of the Microsoft Launcher Android app can download a new update with several new features today. The version 4.4 of the launcher lets you hide the dock from your home screen, select multiple items at the same time to move them anywhere you want, create new folders in app drawer and more.
MS Launcher lands with new goodies with 4.4 update.
— Shafat (@awesomestriker) December 18, 2017
Here is the full changelog that the team posted on the dedicated Google+ community today:
What's new for Microsoft Launcher 4.4:
- Enable creating folders in app drawer - this is a long ask from users and now your wait worth it!
- Batch mode of apps on home screen and app drawer - you can now select multiple items at the same time, across different page, move, remove, drag&drop or even creating new folders in home screen or app drawer though long press menu;
- Enable/disable dock - now you can design you home screen without dock, with more imagination and flexibility!
- Open app animation;
- Pill count improvements on Line, BBM, Instagram, Yammer, Textra, WhatsApp and more - this is one of the highest bug reporting in our weekly user feedback report, so we spend a whole release to make it better, it's still not perfect so please keep the feedback coming in around this.
- Weather / Time widget refinement to mitigate weather refresh issue - we also receive quite some bug reporting around weather not refresh and cannot manually update, etc. we did several improvement on this, explore them on the widget and let us know how it works.
- Bug fixing and perf tuning;
You can get the version 4.4 of the Microsoft Launcher right now from the Google Play Beta Store, but it should roll out to all users in the coming weeks. The developers have made a lot of progress on the app since its launch a few weeks ago, and we're looking forward to see what's in the pipeline for the next update. In the meantime, feel free to share your feedback on the new features in the Google+ community.