An update is rolling out today for the Xbox One version of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds that fixes a variety of bugs and makes several improvements. The update should install automatically but users have been instructed by the game developer to restart their console if the update hasn't triggered yet. Here's the official release notes for the update.
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds was one of the biggest video games on PC in 2017 and just came to Xbox One in Preview earlier this month. It's already been incredibly popular on the Xbox One family of consoles, so much so that Microsoft is now going to give it away for free with all new Xbox One X purchases this month.
Have you played PUBG yet on Xbox One? Let us know if you like this update in the comments below.