Microsoft has just released the Windows 10 Insider build 17083 for PC, and this is another pretty big release. There are some cool new features this week, including improvements to Timeline, Windows Shell, and the Settings app. The Diagnostic Data Viewer tool that Microsoft announced earlier today is also included in this release.
You can check the full release notes on the Windows Insider blog, but we’ve summarized the most important items below:
- Sets: After some testing with a limited pool of Insiders, Sets is now offline in build 17083. “Sets will return soon in a post-RS4 flight,” Dona Sarkar explained.
- Fonts: You’ll find new ways to manage your fonts with the addition of a new Fonts page within Settings, with the ability to install or uninstall fonts from the Microsoft Store
Privacy Tools: The new Diagnostic Data Viewer is a new Windows 10 app that shows you all the personal data your PC is sending to Microsoft. To use the app, you’ll have first to enable it in Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback.
- Timeline: After listening to user feedback, Microsoft has improved Timeline with new options for clearing all activities for an hour or day. Moreover, you can now sync all activities from your PC to the cloud for a seamless cross-device experience.
- Windows Shell: The new “Quiet Hours” is now called “Focus Assist,” and it has now three different modes (off, alarms only, priority only). Windows Hello can also be configured right from the lock screen.
- Settings app: You can now see your UWP app version numbers on the UWP app settings pages. Additionally, you can now navigate to Settings > Apps > Startup to manage your startup apps
- Ease of Access: You’ll find new settings for automatically hiding scrollbars, enable or disable the color filters hotkey and more.
- Windows App Permissions: You'll now see pop up windows every time a UWP app needs access to your pictures, videos or document folders. You can change these settings any time you want by going to Settings > Privacy.
That's it for what's new in Windows 10 Insider build 17083. We're pretty sad to see Sets disappear so soon, but we're glad to have some cool new features to play with this week. Let us know what are your favorite additions in the comments below.Further reading: build 17083, Redstone 4, RS4, Windows 10, Windows Insider