Microsoft just dropped the latest Windows 10 Insider build, which is going by the name 15007. The build came with a pretty overwhelming amount of new features and significant improvements, however, you could make quite the laundry list out of all the build’s tweaks and under-the-hood improvements.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where tearing off a tab in Microsoft Edge (using your mouse to drag a tab into its own window) might cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue where going to Battery settings page via Settings > System > Battery crashes the Settings app.
- We fixed an issue where the Virtual Touchpad was no longer missing from the taskbar context menu.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard button might be missing from the taskbar on touch machines.
- We fixed an issue where Windows Hello was giving a “Couldn’t turn on the camera” error on the Lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where Remote Desktop connections might unexpectedly fail due to an error saying invalid credentials (when in fact the credentials had been valid).
- We fixed an issue that could result in the quick action section being missing from Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where Surface pen clicks might not work after cycling Bluetooth off/on.
- We fixed an issue where the Data Usage page in Settings might not load.
- We’ve updated the Virtual Touchpad to be a little bigger.
- We’ve fixed an issue resulting in the Netflix app potentially displaying a black screen rather than the expected video content.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- In response to your feedback, alarm sounds will start at a slightly higher volume level. (They will then ramp up to full volume, as before).
- We fixed an issue Insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, may have experienced where their phone sometimes took an unexpectedly long time to show up after connecting to their PC.
- We fixed an issue where System related notification toasts (e.g. Bluetooth, USB/Autoplay, etc.) didn’t work.
- We’ve updated the experience when using Cortana to receive incoming SMS messages over Bluetooth to make it more reliable. To enable this feature if it is not already, open Cortana settings and make sure one of the following Bluetooth options is on: “Bluetooth and wired headsets” or “Bluetooth only”.
- We fixed an issue where video recorded in portrait mode might not playback with the correct aspect ratio.
- We fixed an issue on recent Insider builds resulting in the Skype Preview tile not updating with an alert badge when a new message had been received.
- We fixed an issue where certain websites pinned to Start from Microsoft Edge when tapped would perform a web search rather than opening to that page.
- We fixed an issue where the SIM Pin dialog would display truncated text in certain languages.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the phone getting stuck at the Goodbye screen when rebooting if Bluetooth was enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Outlook Calendar sometimes displaying the wrong date on its live tile after a new day has begun.
- We fixed a bug that was preventing Notification Listener apps (like wearable apps) from accessing notifications on recent builds.
Between these fixes and all of the new features, it’s hard to believe just how significant 15007 is. We hope you all have as much fun sinking your teeth into this build as we will!