Microsoft has rolled out an update to Xbox Video (or simply known as Video) for Windows 8.1. This app comes with support for MKV files, as well as various bug fixes. The app has been updated to version 2.6.0432.0.
This update is rolling out right now and will be fully available within the next few hours. Here is the complete change log for this update:
- Support for MKV videos (the extension used for the Matroska Media Container). The update supports playback of most MKV files as long as they contain streams that use codecs supported by the app.
- A fix that makes our Spotlight section more robust
- A fix for an issue that caused the Rent button to appear when viewing TV series and shows
- A fix for an issue that was causing file metadata to appear in the video title in your collection
- Fixes for two issues in deeplinking to content within Xbox Video from other apps (the movie details page and playing trailers, specifically)
Grab the updated app via the download link below and keep sending Microsoft your feedback!Microsoft, Windows 8.1, Xbox Video