Xbox Insider update: New Alpha build brings a fix for audio issues
A new Xbox Preview Program build for the Alpha ring is now available for Xbox One users. This new build is one of the smallest we’ve seen in awhile, delivering a fix for 2 audio issues, as detailed below. This build comes in at build number 1804.180328-1922.
Here are the 2 audio fixes in this build:
Fixed an issue in which some users may experience a black screen or a console crash when the default audio is set to Dolby Atmos.
Fixed low audio volumes some users have been encountering in various apps and games.
In addition to the 2 audio fixes, there comes a number of known issues that we have seen throughout previous builds:
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
Hulu app volume is lower and being investigated.
This update is available now for those on the Alpha ring of the Xbox Preview Program. Your Xbox One console will prompt to update prior to connecting to Xbox Live.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program