NextCloud has just launched Version 1.1.0 of their official Windows phone app which is now available in the Windows Store for free with all features completely unlocked. Users can upgrade to the paid version to support the developers if they so choose but no added functionality will be unlocked. Here are all of the main features in the current version:
- Easy, modern interface
- Upload your files to your Nextcloud server
- Download files from your Nextcloud server
- Move files and folders
- Rename files and folders
- Manual synchronization of folders
- Download directories as ZIP file
- Select multiple files and folders
- Items can be marked as favorite from within the app
- The size of folders is shown in the directory list
- Status bar in directory list showing the number of selected/total files
- Sorting for data type
- New views for favorites/shares
- Pin files and folders to start screen
- Use Windows Hello to authenticate on app start
- Expert mode showing advanced information in the app
- Allow self signed SSL certificates?
- Share files with the app
- Theming (dark/light/system)
- Use the PasswordVault to store user credentials
NextCloud is a cloud service that’s relatively small when compared to its competitors like Dropbox and OneDrive but already has apps on iOS, Android, and Windows 10 PC and a variety of features. The next update to the Windows phone app will update it to the new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app format which will essentially merge it with the Windows 10 PC app and will also give it support for Microsoft’s new Surface Laptop devices.
Are you a NextCloud user and would you recommend it to a friend? Let us know in the comments below.