Today, Microsoft announced that the Surface Studio and the Surface Dial are now available for purchase in Australia and New Zealand both in store and online. Available at Microsoft Store, Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, pricing on the Surface Studio starts at AU$4,699 and pricing on the Surface Dial is AU$149.95.
Surface Studio and Surface Dial were first unveiled in the US last Fall and were available for purchase shortly after. The device unlocks a more natural and immersive way to create on the thinnest LCD monitor ever built. Specs on the Surface Studio can be seen below.
- 28” PixelSense™ Display features 192 dpi resolution, 10 point multi-touch, and 3:2 aspect ratio.
- 1TB or 2TB Rapid Hybrid Drive.
- Up to 32 GB RAM
- Up to 4GB NVIDIA GeoForce GPU
- Intel Core i5/i7 Processor
- 25.1” x 17.3” x 0.5” (637.35 mm x 438.90 mm x 12.5 mm)
- 4 x USB 3.0 (one high power port), full-size SD™ card reader, Mini DisplayPort, 3.5 mm headset jack.
Surface Dial, meanwhile, is meant to be used as a companion accessory to the Surface Studio or the Surface Pro 4, and integrates with Windows 10 to work with Surface for a faster and more intuitive way to scroll, zoom and navigate. With Surface Studio, The Dial also enables a set of unique experiences when placed on the screen, and brings up digital tools specific to the app which is being used.
Do you own a Surface Studio or Surface Dial? Will you be picking up one in the future? Let us know in the comments below.