If you’re currently on the Production Ring on your Windows 10 device, you might want to head over to Windows Update to check for a new update fresh from the folks at Microsoft. A Patch Tuesday update has been pushed out, and although it brings no new operating system features, it does provide a number of improvements and fixes for the Windows 10 experience.
The update replaces the most previous replaced KB3201845 update and can be automatically downloaded and installed now from Windows Update. You must, however, have Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1607: October 27, 2016 (KB3199986) installed to apply the update. For the complete details on what has ben fixed and improved, please check Microsoft’s changelog below:
- Improved reliability of Security Support Provider Interface.
- Addressed a service crash in CDPSVC that in some situations could lead to the machine not being able to acquire an IP address.
- Addressed issue where a Catalog-signed module installation does not work on Nano Server.
- Addressed issue with Devices left with Hello on for an excessive amount of time will not go into power savings mode.
- Addressed issue with gl_pointSize to not work properly when used with drawElements method in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where Azure Active Directory-joined machines after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1607 cannot sync with Exchange.
- Addressed additional issues with app compatibility, updated time zone information, Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Uniscribe, Common Log File System Driver.
This build update is also for mobile, and so you will also notice it pop up on your Windows 10 Mobile device as well. To get the standalone package for this update, however, you can also go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Let us know if you have received this latest update by dropping us a comment below! And, while you’re at it, please do follow us on Twitter to ensure that you will never miss a single moment of Windows 10 news.Further reading: build 14393.576, Production Ring, update, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile