Microsoft has launched a new app on Android called Favorites Lock Screen. The app creates custom lock screens based on a user's custom interests. Entering the name of an actor for example would randomly generate wallpaper images of that actor and would also display related news stories about them over the image. Here's the official list of features.
- Daily HD wallpapers of your favorite celebrities and interests Set your “favorites” to get HD wallpapers of your favorite stars and celebs as your lock screen image
- A wide range of wallpaper collections Favorites comes with multiple categories to choose from: sports, actors, musicians, animals, and automobiles. Select a myriad of favorites from multiple categories
- Keep up with the latest Follow the news and trends surrounding your favorites
- Do more, right from your lock screen
- Access top apps and settings with a quick tap Access Flashlight, WiFi, Bluetooth and more apps on the lock screen
- Unlock your way PIN, pattern code, or password–protect your Android device in your preferred unlocking mechanism
- Snapshots with a swipe A right swipe from the camera icon helps you open your camera quickly
- Notifications and alerts Stay on top of alerts and notifications without unlocking your phone
- Search made easy Search directly from your lock screen with the Bing search bar
Do you like to customize your lock screen with special apps? Let us know what you use in the comments below.