Facebook-owned Instagram appears to be rolling out an update to the Windows 10 Mobile and PC app for Instagram, delivering a host of changes and new features. There's no official changelog, but Aggiornamenti Lumia has come up with some of the changes in this update, as shown below:
- Effects can now be used in Stories
- Removed the refresh icon in the top-right
- Added Stories title to the top on the left
- Added the "View All" function to view all available stories from friends
- By displaying the stories, you will no longer find the "Send a message" item, but instead a new box "Write a message"
- It is now possible to respond to Stories with photos
- Introduced a new + icon to upload images and videos
- The settings icon has now been moved next to the "Edit Profile" box
- Settings > Accounts now shows "Photos where you are"
- It is now possible to view the insights data of each post
- It's now possible to archive posts to make them invisible to those who follow us
- A new clock icon is available to access archived posts
- Fixes and general improvements
With this update, Windows 10 PC users will be brought to version 10.1096.22724 and version 10.1096.22713 on Windows 10 Mobile.
The update should be available in the Windows Store, but if not, you may just need to wait a little while for it to roll out to your region.