Here are the other changes, improvements, and fixes for Windows 10 Insider build 15058
The Windows Insider team has launched its latest creation: Windows Insider build 15058. Like its predecessor, this build is exceptionally small, and doesn’t include any new features to play around with. What 15058 does include, however, is a set of improvements to polish up the experience as we approach the Creators Update.
- We fixed the issue causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and preventing any app updates from the Store from installing.
- We fixed another issue causing some UWP apps would unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
- We fixed an issue where going to fullscreen or maximizing Microsoft Edge when Microsoft Edge’s window was snapped to a size smaller than half the screen would trigger back navigation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the mouse pointer staying visible when watching a video fullscreen in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed a crash Insiders may have sometimes experienced in recent builds when accessing the Wi-Fi Settings page via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- We fixed an issue where the desktop session sometimes crashed for Insiders after locking if the PC was set to lock on sleep. After this happened, trying to unlock the computer could result either seeing an unexpected “Can’t log in: The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use” error on the login screen, or a successful login only to find all open apps had been closed.
- We fixed an issue where renaming an encrypted PDF would reset the default PDF reader if it was not currently set to Microsoft Edge.
- We have improved video playback quality on the target device when using Miracast to wirelessly connect from a high DPI PC to another high DPI device.
Insider build 15058 is available right now if you’re on the Fast Ring, so you should go download it now if these were bugs that were getting on your nerves. Enjoy!Further reading: build 15058, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows Insider, Windows Insider Program