Here are the changes and known issues with Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15237
Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15237 to Fast Ring Insiders today, and unlike the previous one this new release doesn’t bring any new features to play with. However, there is an interesting list of improvements including a fix for Continuum and another fix for an SD card issue on the HP Elite x3.
There are also some known issues to be aware of, including a Continuum bug on the HP Elite x3 and another issue with apps saved on SD cards. You can find all the details in the changelog below:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We made some improvements to the Field Medic Store app, where we fixed an issue with collecting Watson crash data, enabled spell checking when editing a report, and updated the PowerOn/PowerOff profiles to include additional battery info.
- We fixed an issue where the screen would occasionally flash black after launching or rotating the Camera app.
- We fixed an issue with the HP Elite X3 reporting that the SD card had been removed from the device when it had not.
- We fixed an issue with Continuum where, after the attached monitor is unplugged, occasionally the mobile LCD does not power off and the mobile battery could be drained.
- We fixed an issue with the Windows inbox NFC driver where occasionally the wrong card type data was reported.
- We improved the Cortana resume-from-suspend behavior to enable a Cortana skill to be authenticated before the user interacts with the skill.
- We fixed an issue with the behavior of the hardware search button in countries where Cortana is not available. In this case, the OEM provides the search app or URI.
Known issues for Mobile
- There is a problem with the HP Elite X3 with wired docks where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display is disconnected and reconnected. A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the “OK” button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This workaround must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
- If you have apps saved to your SD card, you may see error 8007000B when trying to update those apps. As a workaround, you can move these apps to internal memory, update them, and then move them back to your SD card. Thank you to all the Insiders who reported this to us!
- When installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may see error 80070057. As a workaround, you can get the latest app by uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall latest version from Store.
As usual, you can download this new build by checking Windows Update on your phone, let us know in the comments if you have any issues after installing the new bits.Further reading: build 15237, Microsoft, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Insider