Here are the changes and known issues with Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15205
Microsoft has released today the Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15205 to Fast Ring Insiders, which follows the release of the preview build 15204 last Friday. If you followed the news about Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile development branches recently, you may be aware that the mobile OS got its own “feature 2” fork which is only supported on a limited list of handsets. According to the latest information we have, the fork is only a temporary measure to accommodate with the work Microsoft is doing to converge code into OneCore.
So, what’s new with the latest mobile build from Microsoft’s development branch? Not a lot, but there are some fixes for Continuum for those of you using the feature on the HP Elite x3 and the Lumia 950. There are other small fixes for Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft also noted that Alcatel Idol 4S owners who couldn’t install the previous build should see receive this new one as expected. As usual, there are some known issues too and we invited you to check them in the changelog below:
Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile:
- We fixed the targeting issue that caused some variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S to not receive Build 15204 last week. All variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S should receive Build 15205.
- FYI: We fixed the issue where supported Windows 10 Mobile devices were showing the update to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update as “not yet available” in the Upgrade Advisor app.
- We fixed an issue where Continuum would stop working when HP Elite X3 case is closed.
- We fixed an issue where Continuum would hang or render incorrectly after disconnecting on devices like the Lumia 950.
- We fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge where you might get into a bad state after opening a new Microsoft Edge windows and screen off with the JIT process suspended.
- We fixed an issue with where the device screen might stay black when disconnecting from a Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally.
- We fixed an issue with backup and restore which impacts users with slower network connection.
- We fixed an issue around Microsoft Edge reliability.
Known issues for Mobile:
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
If you’re on the Fast Ring and own a supported phone, you can download this latest mobile build right now by checking Windows Update. Let us know in the comments if the latest bits run fine on your handset.Further reading: build 15205, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Insider