Microsoft is rolling out today the Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15204 to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring, and this one represents quite a jump from the build 15063.138 that was released earlier this week. As a matter of fact, this is the first Redstone 3 mobile build for Windows Insiders, though you'll notice that the build numbers are no longer aligned between PC and mobile. "This is a result of more work we’re doing to converge code into OneCore – the heart of Windows across PC, tablet, phone, IoT, HoloLens, Xbox and more as we continue to develop new improvements for Windows 10 Mobile and our enterprise customers," explained head of the Windows Insider Program Dona Sarkar.
In other very important news, Sarkar announced that going forward only select devices (we already had the list, so this is just an official confirmation) will officially support the Windows Insider Program going forward. Handsets that are not on the list will not receive the Creators Update officially and won't be eligible for Redstone 3 Insider builds either. As a consolation, unsupported devices can still get the Creators Update through the Windows Insider program "at their own risk knowing that it’s unsupported," explained Sarkar.
That being said, the new preview build 15204 that is rolling out today only brings two minor fixes. As the Windows Insider team previously explained, this first wave of Redstone 3 builds may be buggier than usual, so make sure to check the known issues, too. Here is the full changelog below:
Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We have added a new privacy page to the Windows 10 Mobile OOBE experience that allows you to quickly and effectively make common privacy changes while setting up the device. You can read more about our Windows 10 privacy journey here.
- We fixed the issue where the keyboard would sometimes not appear when a text input field is selected in Microsoft Edge.
Known issues for Mobile
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
- There is an issue with Microsoft Edge where you might get into a bad state after opening a new Microsoft Edge windows and screen off with the JIT process suspended.
- Continuum will stop working when HP Elite X3 case is closed.
- Continuum hangs or renders incorrectly after disconnecting on devices like the Lumia 950.
- The device screen might stay black when disconnecting from a Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally.
If your handset is supported, you can download this new build by checking Windows Update on your phone settings. Redstone 3 is finally here on mobile, so happy downloading!