Fast Ring Windows Insiders treated to preview build 16281 for the weekend
The Windows team snuck another preview build out to Fast Ring Insiders this Friday.
Windows 10 preview build 16281 is, as expected, chalked full of fixes and the list is a nice size for those waiting for all of the Fall Creators Update bugs and irritations to be ironed out.
Here is what’s been fixed thus far:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Train Simulator 2017 failing to launch on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to tab into an open PDF in Microsoft Edge after interacting with the any of the Microsoft Edge window elements using a mouse.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start’s all apps list. You will also notice that the icon is now un-plated in the taskbar.
- We’ve made some adjustments to address an issue resulting in sudden and brief CPU spikes where you couldn’t move your mouse. If you’ve encountered this, please try it in this new build and let us know if your experience has improved.
- We fixed an issue where minimized app windows on mixed-DPI monitor setups might end up drawing off screen after your PC resumed from sleep.
- We fixed an issue where if you changed your display language preference to something other than the machine’s default then any app which did not take an update while also getting the updated language resource package from the Store would end up continuing to display its tile in Start in that default language rather than the new language displayed within the app and other system UI.
Unfortunately, there is no news on a Skip Ahead release, but for those on the Fast Ring, this should hold them over while testing the final bits of Windows 10’s Fall Creators Update this weekend.Further reading: build 16281, Fast Ring, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows Insider