BitPay launches a new Bitcoin Wallet app for Windows phone
One of the largest Bitcoin payment processors, BitPay, has launched an all-new app for those in the Windows ecosystem. Building on its long-term partnership with Microsoft, that has seen its Bitcore Bitcoin technology integrated into Azure, as well as the acceptance of Bitcoin payments in the Windows Store, BitPay is now bringing a new Bitcoin Wallet app to Windows phone devices.
The app, available now in the Windows Store, is compatible with Windows phone devices.
Previously known for its Copay wallet app on Windows phone, this new app brings in the new branding of BitPay, as well as the addition of new features and improved security.
Here are the features of the app:
- Multiple bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app
- Integration for loading, managing, and spending the BitPay Visa Card.
- Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
- Integration for buying Amazon.com gift cards.
- Intuitive multisignature security for personal or shared wallets
- Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud
- Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups
- Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments
- Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
- Email and push notifications for payments and transfers
- Easy spending proposal flow for shared wallets and group payments – Integrates with hardware wallets like Ledger and TREZOR.
- Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets
- Customizable wallet naming and background colors
The app is available now in the Windows Store.