The day is finally here! The official Xbox One Disney+ streaming app is now online in the Microsoft Store and can be either downloaded via the Store tap on your Xbox One console or activated remotely via this page on the Microsoft Store website.
Disney+ (pronounced as “Disney Plus”) is Disney’s own streaming service that is set to rival Netflix in scale with films and TV series from brands such as Star Wars, Fox, National Geographic, Disney, Pixar, and Marvel. A paid subscription is needed to use Disney+ but a seven-day free trial is available.
Here’s the official app description:
Only Disney+ gives you endless access to your favorite movies and TV series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
From The Lion King, to all-new Originals like The Mandalorian, there's something exciting for everyone. You'll also get access to new movies, complete TV series, shorts, and documentaries.
Best of all, Disney+ is ad-free.
With Disney+, you get:
- Endless access to classic movies and past seasons of your favorite series
- Exclusive new Originals from master storytellers at Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo
- Unlimited downloads on up to 10 devices, so you can take Disney+ with you
- Simultaneous streaming on up to 4 different devices
- View select titles in stunning 4K UHD and HDR
- Something for everyone, including dedicated Kids Profiles
While now live in the United States, Disney+ plus is set to launch in Australia and New Zealand next week and will roll out to several other major regions by the end of the month.
Unfortunately, there are currently no plans for a Disney+ app for Windows 10 devices but it’s expected that users will be able to watch videos via a Disney+ website in a web browser such as Microsoft Edge.