Microsoft has finally launched its smallest, most portable and affordable Surface device yet – Surface Go – India.
While the company skipped the first two generations of Surface in India, Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4 were launched together in India in January 2016. The latest generation Surface Pro (2017) – at the time – which went on sale in the US in June last year was launched in India earlier this year.
In August, Microsoft announced the launch of the extended Surface family of devices in India – the Surface Book 2 and the Surface Laptop. Looks like Microsoft is now considering India as a definite market for Surface devices.
Surface Go Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Display: 10-inch 1800 x 1200 | 217ppi | 3:2 aspect ratio | 10-point multi-touch | Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM: 4GB/8GB
- Storage: 64GB eMMC or 128GB SSD
- Ports: 1 x USB-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Surface Connect port, Surface Type Cover Port, MicroSDXC Card Reader
- Cameras: 5MP front camera | 8MP auto-focus rear camera
- Connectivity: Qualcomm Atheros (QCA61x4A) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 9.6″ x 6.9″ x .33″ (245mm x 175mm x 8.3mm)
- Weight: 1.15 lbs (0.52 kg) without keyboard/1.7lbs (0.77 kg) with keyboard
Surface Go is now available for pre-order in India exclusively with Flipkart starting from 12:01pm on December 15, 2018.
While the 4GB + 64GB variant is priced at ₹38,599, the 8GB + 128 GB variant is priced at ₹50,999. The black Surface Go Type Cover will retail at ₹8,699 and the colored Surface Go Signature Type Cover at ₹11,799.
Commercial customers can opt for Windows 10 Pro which brings essential business security features to protect devices and infrastructure from modern threats. Users can benefit from Windows Autopilot, whereby the Surface Go can be unboxed and configured from the cloud.
What are your thoughts on the Surface Go, and would you like to pick one up?