Microsoft is pushing out the latest build to Xbox One Preview members. This build brings over the Movies & TV app to the console, as well as a whole host of fixes.
Let's take a look at what's new, improved, fixed and the known issues.
What's new and improved?
- Movies & TV - the Movies & TV app is now available for Xbox One, allowing you to purchase and rent movies and TV series from the Xbox Store, as well as play them in the new app.
- Xbox Universal Store - 'coming soon' section is now available to view in the Store
- More settings come from Windows to Xbox One - you can now enable or disable SmartScreen Filter and Advertising ID from Settings
What's been fixed?
- Headset controls - these should now appear in the Guide
- Xbox Avatars - the app should no longer become stuck in the Queue when downloading an update
- Movies & TV - menu should no longer obstruct the screen when playing a video
- Microsoft Edge - fixed an issue where pressing the left thumbstick to enter full-screen mode would crash the app
- NowTV - no longer fails to launch
- OneDrive - no longer fails to launch
- Narrator - will no longer lose focus when navigating the Dashboard or Store
- EA Access - fixed an issue that caused some EA Access Games not to open
Finally, what issues does Microsoft already know about?
- Some content from the Store may only be available on the console enrolled in the Preview program
- Games purchased on a console in the Preview program can only be run on that console
- Xbox Universal Store - token redemption will fail, Store pages may show a 'Buy' button even if you already own the content, can purchase Movies & TV content without entering a password, 'Buy' button on Deals with Gold games may take you to the Gold Lounge
- Snap - After powering on your console from connected standby, a black bar may remain where content was previously snapped, when launching a full-screen game or app
- Payments & Billing - adding, editing or removing payment information on the console is not possible, unable to change payment information associated with pre-ordered games
- Profile - purchasing a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag, selecting 'Add new' to add a new profile may take a while to load
- Cortana - the 'play' command may take a long time to process, searching the Xbox Universal Store with Cortana can result in the same keyword being searched multiple times, Cortana might restart and say she is 'Warming up...' even if she's been used recently
- Pins - pins to movies, TV shows or music will disappear when the app updates
- My Games & Apps - an error may appear if you attempt to launch a Ready to Install game if you have a large digital collection
- Community Calendar - links to the Store do not work
Build rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160629-2012 is rolling out today, at 6PM PDT. If you're in the Preview Program, you can take a look at the announcement thread here. Your console should offer to update automatically, alternatively, you can head over to Settings to check for updates manually.Further reading: Cortana, Microsoft, Movies & TV, Redstone, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program