Yesterday we reported about the 2nd generation Band at the Windows 10 devices event, as well as its October 30th release date. In preparation for the launch of the second generation Microsoft Band, Microsoft has just updated the accompanying Health app across Android, Windows Phone and iOS.
- Updated UI for universal Windows 10 platform (for Windows Phone version)
- Newer more blue color scheme replacing the old purple tint.
- UV monitoring
- Elevation tracking thanks to the new barometer in the new Band
- New features for aiding in sleep cycles
- Workout customization through the health dashboard website. The website features a comprehensive assortment of workout regimens that users can customize to tailor to their own needs and compare their data with the averages of Microsoft's overall health database.
The new Band was announced yesterday at the Windows 10 devices event alongside several other flagship products, including the Lumia 950/950 XL, the Surface Pro 4, and the unexpected Surface Book. The Band 2 will retail for $249 USD and begin shipping October 30th.