Here’s whats fixed an improved in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 15245
What a better way to end the week than checking out new Windows 10 Insider builds? To our surprise, the Windows Insider team once again pushed the big red button today, rolling out the Windows 10 Mobile preview build 15245 to Fast Ring Insiders. “We are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world,” explained Dona Sarkar. For mobile users, this means that more bug fixes and improvements are in the pipeline, but it’s now very unlikely that we’ll see new features being introduced ahead of the release of the Windows 10 Mobile Fall Creators Update.
Microsoft is no longer listing general known issues in changelogs for Insider builds, but you can check the full list of changes and improvements for mobile below:
- This build also includes all the improvements from KB4034674.
- We fixed an issue where the MTP service would sometimes crash when you disconnected your phone while a file transfer is in progress.
- We fixed a spin loop that was occasionally triggered by deleting a VPN profile.
- We fixed an issue where apps which call into the firewall (such as Microsoft Edge) have the potential of becoming deadlocked and the app hangs until you reboot your phone.
- We fixed an issue in the routing engine used by apps like Maps where the initial direction was always set to North which could result in unnecessary route segments.
- We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.
- We fixed an issue where a non-default Messaging app (e.g. Skype) would crash with an Access Denied error when changing Download messages settings.
- We fixed an issue where the new Privacy Consent popup would block loading of apps which used the activity detection and pedometer sensors.
- We fixed an issue where turning on/off Reset Protection could cause the phone to reboot.
As usual, you can download this new mobile build by checking Windows Update, let us know in the comments if you have any issues after installing it.Further reading: build 15245, Microsoft, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Insider