Here are the known issues, changes, improvements for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16199 for PC
Dona Sarkar and the Windows Insider team have just pushed out Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16199 for PC and build 15215 for Windows 10 Mobile. As usual, these builds are not perfect, so before you take the big leap of installing on your Windows 10 machine, please have a look at the following known issues, changes, and improvements.
- Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will now work as expected on touch-enabled PCs.
[DEVELOPERS] The XAML designer in Visual Studio 2017 hits an error causing a squiggle error under ThemeResource references to XAML’s generic.xaml resources. Please update to the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Version 15.3 – 26510.00) or later. If Visual Studio 2017 Preview is already installed, users can update by starting the Visual Studio Installer, and clicking the Update button. You can confirm you have the right build of Visual Studio Preview by going to Help > About to confirm you are on Version 15.3 (26510.0-Preview) or later.
- We fixed an issue resulting in many Win32 apps not launching if certain 3rd party antivirus programs were active prior to upgrading.
- We’ve updated Windows Defender Security Center so as to no longer flag disabled drivers as issues. We have also adjusted the health scan logic so that using maximum brightness when connected to AC power will not flag a warning. Appreciate all who shared feedback on the subject.
- As a result of low usage, we’ve made the decision to remove the Note quick action.
- We’re updated our migration logic so that going forward from this build the state of rotation lock will be preserved across upgrades.
- We fixed an issue resulting in color profiles being ignored after launching certain fullscreen games
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Outlook 2016 may hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return.
- We are investigating reports that Microsoft Edge fails to open PDFs with “Couldn’t open PDF. Something is keeping this PDF from opening” error.
- [UPDATED] You will be unable to type in your password to log in to any UWP apps such as Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Messenger apps.
- Games such as Civilization VI may fail to launch on this build.
- Windows Mixed Reality won’t work on this build. If you are a developing testing and developing for Windows Mixed Reality, you will want to avoid this build. If you update this build and need Windows Mixed Reality, you will need to roll-back to Build 16193.
- VIM is broken for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users – we’re investigating.
- The choice command fails when run in a Command Prompt script.
Have you installed this build yet? If you have not, we wish you well in your downloading, and remind you to submit your feedback and report any bugs and other issues to Microsoft by visiting the Feedback hub!Further reading: build 16199, Fast Ring, Redstone 3, RS3, Windows 10, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows Insider