The 2018 Consumer Electronics Show is now well underway, and announcements from Microsoft's major OEMs at the annual show continue to roll in. Yesterday, Acer revealed the ultra slim Swift 7, the Spin 3 convertible laptop, and a new Nitro 5 gaming laptop. The devices are pretty impressive, so here's what you need to know.
Acer Swift 7 (March in North America, $1,699/April in EMEA, €1,699)
The Acer Swift 7 is being called the world's thinnest laptop, coming in at just 8.98 mm thin. The device boasts an all-aluminum chassis and is an always-connected PC running Windows 10. It is powered by the powerful Intel Core i7 processor and 8 GB of LPDDR3. See other notable features on this unit below.
- 10 hours of battery life
- Blazing-fast, built-in Intel XMM 4G LTE connectivity
- eSIM technology, allowing download and activation of eSIM profiles.
- 256 GB of PCIe SSD storage
- Fingerprint reader allows password-free and more secure sign-in through Windows Hello
- 14-inch high resolution IPS display with Acer Color Intelligence for lifelike clarity at every angle
- Backlit keyboard
Acer Spin 3 (February in North America, $599/ January in EMEA, €649)
The Spin 3 joins the Spin lineup as a refreshed device. It features a durable 360° dual-torque hinge, the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core processor and impressive storage options. Other features of this unit are listed below.
- Functions as a laptop, tablet, display, and tent mode
- Up to 12 hours of battery life for digital work and play on the move
- Two front-facing speakers with Acer TrueHarmony technology
- 14-inch display supports vivid imagery in Full HD with IPS technology
Nitro 5 Gaming laptop (April in North America, $799/ April in EMEA, €1,099)
Acer's Nitro 5 Gaming laptop is designed for casual gamers seeking great performance in an attractive laser-textured design. It has a 15-inch Full HD IPS display and is powered by the latest-generation AMD Radeon RX560 graphics for faster rendering, improved lighting and texture details. The device chassis also features a top cover with elegant laser texturing and a matte, crimson red hinge. See other features and specs below.
- Latest AMD Ryzen mobile processors for amazing performance
- Up to 512 GB SSD
- DDR4 RAM of up to 32 GB
- Acer’s NitroSense utility allows the monitoring of the CPU/GPU, and adjustment of cooling fan speeds via Acer CoolBoost
- Front-facing HD web camera
- Dolby Audio Premium and Acer TrueHarmony technology
- Hyper-fast USB Type-C, HDMI 2.0, and Gigabit Ethernet
Acer's devices join the devices already announced by Samsung, Dell, HP, and Lenovo at CES 2018. As we already reported, Dell announced a thinner, lighter, reimagined XPS 13. Samsung revealed the Notebook 7 Spin, Notebook 9 Pen, and Notebook 9. HP, meanwhile, announced the Envy X2, Spectre x360, and Pavillion Wave with Alexa. Lenovo capped things out with the Miix 630, updated ThinkPad X1 models, and updated ThinkPad X, T, and L series devices.