Today, Xbox announced that they are bringing the Gears of War 4 Versus Multiplayer to the next level. Now, you can play Gears of War 4 with your friends on Xbox One AND Windows 10 PCs in Social Quickplay!
Late last year, Xbox tested out cross-play in a Test Weekend to try out Versus Multiplayer with Xbox One and Windows 10 users together. Based on fan feedback and all of the data gathered from the Test Weekend, Microsoft was able to create a better matchmaking cross-play Versus Multiplayer experience.
Here’s a look at all the stats that were collected from the cross-play Test Weekend:
- Over 750,000 Matches Played
- Over 115,000 Unique Participants – 91/9 split from Xbox to Windows 10
- Average of 6.2 matches played by Xbox users, with 11.2 for Windows 10 users
- Over 90% of all matches during the weekend included a mix of Windows 10 and Xbox One players
- Windows 10 and Xbox players had closely-matched results when comparing Average KD, Score and Kills per match based on skill ratings
- The quality of matches improved for both Xbox and Windows 10 users – social lobbies had a higher average user count, and players completed 95% of all social matches entered vs 90% prior to Cross-play Weekend
After reviewing Gears of War 4 fan feedback and forum discussions from the cross-play Test Weekend, Social Quickplay will now be an option on the cross-play playlist. Social Quickplay on Windows 10 was widely popular, so Microsoft will be looking at introducing new Core and Competitive features for Gears of War 4 on Windows 10.
Microsoft and Xbox are excited to bring Gears of War 4 players on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC to play on Xbox Live with Public Versus Multiplayer. Stay tuned for more Gears of War 4 upcoming news. In the meantime, Microsoft hopes you enjoy Gears of War 4 on Social Quickplay on Xbox One and Windows 10!