Xbox One Plex app gets enhanced media support in latest update
The media-streaming app Plex has been updated on the Xbox One this week, and the latest version 2.1.2 brings several useful features for all your media needs. The app now has new players for photos, audio, and video content, and it also supports several new video containers. Moreover, you’ll find plenty of bug fixes in this latest release. The full releases notes can be seen below:
- Brand new audio, video, and photo players.
- Support for direct streaming HEVC video on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
- Support for mspeg4v2 and mspeg4v3 in mkv and avi containers and 4K vp9 support in webm containers.
- Poster and list items titles will automatically scroll when they are too long to display in their entirety.
- New ‘Play Version’, ‘Mark as Watched’, and ‘Delete’ modals.
- Show insecure connection fallback options when primary server is unreachable but insecure connections are a possibility.
- Improve app usability when system high contrast mode is enabled.
- Fix tracks count on Album Pre-Play pages.
- Fix loss of focus when exiting/entering player.
- Fix loss of focus when returning from screensaver without user lock.
- App no longer occasionally gets stuck in loading state after switching users.
- Fixed preplay/library item details getting stuck in a loading state after switching users.
- Shuffled play queues from playlists only containing the first 50 items.
- Fixed the background of the items in the user switcher screen so they’re no longer tiled.
- Media Remote play/pause buttons not working in video player when OSD is hidden
Do you use Plex on your Xbox One to play your own media collection? If so, what are the other features you would like to see being added to the app? Let us know below.