Xbox Insiders on the Preview Omega ring can now download the next system update for the Xbox One. For those unfamiliar, the Preview Omega ring is the equivalent of the Release Preview ring for Windows 10 updates, so the Xbox One 1905 update hitting the Omega ring yesterday means that the public release is likely imminent.
The next Xbox One system update is a pretty minor one, and we counted five new features overall:
- With Message Requests, Xbox Live messages sent by your friends will now be separated from other messages sent by strangers.
- Your Friend List will now display different icons to show when your Xbox Live friends are playing on console, PC or mobile.
- In recent preview builds, Microsoft also added Voice channels in Xbox Live Messaging.
- Microsoft has improved sorting options in the My Games & Apps section. Articles such as “a,” “an” and “the” are no longer being used to sort titles when using the “Sort A-Z” and “Group by letter” views, and the Xbox team also added more options to sort games and apps by date.
- For Xbox Game Pass members, a new a “Play Later” feature will make it easy to add any games in the catalog to a special list that will also be available from the Xbox Game Pass mobile app
It's not clear yet if we'll get another minor system update in June, but has already working on the next major Xbox One update to be released in October. For now, Xbox One 1810 builds are only available for Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders, and there are no significant new features so far.