Windows 10 Twitter PWA updates with image tagging & other improvements
The Twitter progressive web app (PWA) updated this week with a host of performance improvements and the ability to tag up to 10 accounts in an attached image (see above image).
This update also moved the analytics icon in tweets in the Windows 10 app and began showing the notifications icon in a web browser tab when accessing the Twitter website in a browser.
Here’s the full release notes:
- We added the ability to tag up to 10 people in a Tweet with photos.
- Made a lot of performance improvements. More detail from one of our engineers in this Tweet!
- On the widescreen experience we moved the analytics icon in the same line as the rest of Tweet actions to give you easier access to the feature.
- We’ve added a whole set of improvements to the experience while viewing events on the Twitter website.
- On desktop web, you’ll now be able to see the number of notifications you have on the browser tab.
- You can now view your most recent searches from the search box.
The Twitter PWA is available to use on Windows 10 devices and Windows 10 Mobile Windows phones. It’s still not as fully-featured as its counterparts on iOS and Android but more features have begun to be added on an almost monthly basis.
Do you use the Twitter PWA on your Windows 10 device or do you prefer another option? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter and Pinterest for more Windows news.