Windows 10 Insider preview build 15061 is out for PC, here are the known issues
It’s worth noting that this build has the same known issues as yesterday’s build. In case you missed it, here is the list:
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
See this forum post for more details.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
It’s no surprise that they pushed out the update as quickly as possible given the looming Windows 10 Creators Update expected to hit RTM within the month. Meanwhile, Windows 10 Mobile build planned for today is delayed due to a nasty bug.
Do you think Windows 10 will be caught up on before the April 11th launch? Let us know if you experience any of these issues or find any new ones by leaving a comment in the section below.Further reading: build 15061, Windows 10, Windows Insider