Slow ring Windows Insiders, today is your lucky day! Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10130 is now available for you from Windows update, so get downloading!
Even for Fast ring users, the build has been rather enjoyable to use in that it seems very stable. Microsoft put a lot of emphasis on improving the aesthetics now that it’s got most of the major features out of the way. For Slow ring users, Microsoft has made a handful of bug fixes available immediately for you to download after installing build 10130, check them out below.
- KB3070365: We fixed an issue where if you click on the icons on the Taskbar (Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) in this build, the expected fly-out might not open.
- KB3069069: We fixed the issue where after upgrading to this build audio playback is lost in some hardware configurations.
- Note: Some sound cards may fail to operate in multichannel mode. The workaround to the problem is to set the default audio format to stereo.
- KB3070677: We fixed an issue where if you’re running the “Core” edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview and Windows Update might not detect new builds available.
- KB3070982: This dynamic update prevents an issue that can result in the loss of audio when the upgrade is completed in some hardware configurations.
Microsoft also notes in a new blog post that you may run into error code 0x80246017 when trying to install the build from Windows Update. If you do, simply download the ISO for build 10130 and then install the aforementioned updates via Windows Update as soon as possible.
Slow ring users, let us know what you think of the 10130 update in the comments section below. As for all of you on the Fast ring, stay tuned, we should be hearing of a new Insider build soon.