The recently announced Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack for the The Sims 4 video game is now live to download on Microsoft’s family of Xbox One consoles.
This expansion adds a massive amount of Star Wars content to the main game, allowing players to completely customize their Sim and its home, but it also allows the player to actually visit an in-game version of the planet Batuu where Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge is set.
Players can complete missions, create their own lightsaber and droid, and interact with a number of Batuu residents, Resistance members, and First Order operatives.
Here’s the official description of the DLC’s content along with its trailer which is actually a rather enjoyable watch (as long as you ignore the narrator):
- Create your Sim’s unique Star Wars story as you explore the remote world of Batuu, from Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Disney World, in The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack. Will your Sim join up with the Resistance, fall in with the scoundrels, or enlist with the First Order? It’s up to you! Build up your Sim’s reputation to unlock missions, purchase a lightsaber or droid, and meet iconic Star Wars characters like Rey and Kylo Ren.
- Experience the Edge of the Galaxy — Your Sims are definitely not at home anymore. From the Millennium Falcon to the bustling cantina and unique attire of Batuu, Sims will be surrounded by the iconic sights and sounds of Star Wars. When your Sim returns home, bring back new decor and recipes inspired by your travels, play a game of sabacc, or host a playful lightsaber training session.
- Create Your Star Wars Story — The Resistance, First Order, and scoundrels are fighting to control Batuu, but your Sims’ actions determine who will succeed. As Sims undertake challenges and special missions, you’ll tip the balance of power. Unlock rewards like starfighter access, new outfits, and critical missions on Batuu. And who knows? Maybe you’ll find your Batuuan special someone!
- Unite with Iconic Characters — Completing missions earns your Sim reputation points, and as you rack them up, you get closer to meeting the leaders of the forces on Batuu. Possibilities shift depending on your Sim’s actions—will you choose to support Kylo Ren in his efforts to uncover the Resistance base or join Rey and Vi Moradi in the fight against the First Order? Whichever path your Sim chooses, Hondo Ohnaka and his scoundrels are always there if you need a few extra galactic credits.
- Get Your Own Lightsaber and Droid — Explore Batuu to find parts for the most coveted Star Wars artifact: a lightsaber. Collect every piece to construct a blade that’s all your own. Then invite other Sims to spar in lightsaber challenges! Or visit the Droid Depot and purchase your very own droid to help on your adventures… and maybe zap a few Sims. You can even bring your droid friend home with you so you always have that plus-one for parties!
This Sims 4 DLC isn’t the only bit of Galaxy’s Edge video game marketing that’s been announced recently. A new VR game for Oculus headsets, Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge, has also been announced. This game will be set between the events of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and will allow the player to explore Black Spire Outpost (the main town on Batuu) and explore the location in a more realistic style.
Some Galaxy’s Edge content in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which has been delayed until next year, is also incredibly likely.