A sequel to the strategy video game, The Escapists, suitably called The Escapists 2, has been announced with a 2017 release on Microsoft’s Xbox One console and Sony’s PlayStation 4. The game appears to feature a very similar art style to the original and its main appeal will be its more complex characters and situations and the addition of a multiplayer mode. An official teaser has been released, as has a list of new features that players can expect to see in-game:
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
Are you a fan of The Escapists? Let us know what you’d like to see in the sequel in the comments below.Further reading: Microsoft, Video Games, Xbox, Xbox One