Microsoft has started rolling out a new set of firmware updates for its Surface Book 3 devices (via WindowsBlogItalia). The new bits should improve Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, power efficiency when waking from sleep, as well as the overall stability and reliability of the device.
You can check out the full list of changes below:
- Surface – System Management – 18.104.22.168: Surface SMF Client Driver – Surface System Management
- Surface – System Management – 22.214.171.124: Surface SMF Display Client Driver – Surface System Management
- Surface – Monitor – 126.96.36.199: Surface Panel – Monitor
- NVIDIA – Display – 188.8.131.5259: NVIDIA GeForce GTX – Display adapters
- Intel – Net – 184.108.40.206: Intel(R) WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters
- Intel – Bluetooth – 220.127.116.11: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth
- Intel Corporation – HIDClass – 18.104.22.168: Intel(R) Precise Touch Device – Human Interface Devices
- improves thermal management when the computer works with an external monitor.
As usual, it’s worth keeping in mind that these firmware updates are rolling out gradually to all Surface Book 3 users, and not everyone will necessarily see them at the same time. In case you missed it, Microsoft has also released new updates for Surface Pro 7 and the Surface Studio 2 PCs with performance improvements.