Sticky Notes development has seen a push lately with the application transforming from a seeming also-ran Windows XP era widget to a full-blown cross-device note-taking tool.
Yesterday's latest update brings further user functionality to Sticky Notes with the addition of Image and multi-desktop support.
Sticky Notes 3.6 is now rolling out to everyone! In this update, we added image support and support for multi-desktop. To get the update now, hit that update button in the app or go to the Windows Store and hit update. https://t.co/MMcvfWhYdF
— Sticky Notes (@stickynotes) May 13, 2019
The ability to add images to Sticky Notes adds a new dynamic for Microsoft users and should raise the parity of the app to that of an Apple Notes or Google Keep.
As of May 13, 2019, Sticky Notes development gets bumped up to version 3.6 and should be available to everyone using Windows 1803 and above, the rollout should account for Insiders on both the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead releases.
The full breakdown of additional features and bug fixes are as follows:
- Add images to your Sticky Notes. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Improved speed and added icons to the context menu when selecting text.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
- Multi-desktop support is finally here. Stick your notes wherever your work takes you.
- Select specific notes with the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and Win + Tab. But do not worry, Ctrl + Tab still is there for you to only switch between your Sticky Notes.
As it is patch Tuesday today, users can head to the Windows Store and push the new release for the application and get all of their updates taken care, in one fell swoop.